partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 11:32:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Just to chat... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  Friends....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Friends....  (Read 3102 times)
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2010, 12:29:03 AM »

When my dad passed on at 70 we had to put on two extra viewing times and there was a line-up.  I was totally shocked at how many people wanted to come to pay their respects.  The thing that really amazed me was how many people said he had totally changed their lives and they would always consider him a dear friend.  If I fell over dead tomorrow I think you would be able to roll a bowling ball through the viewing room and not hit anybody except my relatives doing the token visit.

Makes me think that we need to slow down and make time for friends and relatives before we don't have any to make time for.     

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2010, 02:11:13 AM »

Makes me think that we need to slow down and make time for friends and relatives before we don't have any to make time for.     

yes indeed.  Life is so busy its too easy to ignore the important bits.  Remember that song?  Cats in the cradle...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2010, 03:01:10 AM »

When my dad passed on at 70 we had to put on two extra viewing times and there was a line-up.  I was totally shocked at how many people wanted to come to pay their respects.  The thing that really amazed me was how many people said he had totally changed their lives and they would always consider him a dear friend.  If I fell over dead tomorrow I think you would be able to roll a bowling ball through the viewing room and not hit anybody except my relatives doing the token visit.

I had the same experience last year with my mother...we did not having a viewing but she had 400 people attend her funeral, she has been so involved in many different groups. I think you would be surprised. If you are engaged in a community even if it is just one ie. the dance community, but you are right keep in touch Cheesy

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2010, 03:02:15 AM »

yes indeed.  Life is so busy its too easy to ignore the important bits.  Remember that song?  Cats in the cradle...

yes it was a great song still stirs emotions, same as puff the magic dragon... always makes me cry

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2010, 03:10:14 AM »

yes it was a great song still stirs emotions, same as puff the magic dragon... always makes me cry
worse, it could have described me years ago when I was building my career.. Sad 

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2010, 03:17:53 AM »

well that is then this is now...you are still young...change happens everyday Cheesy

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2010, 04:06:33 AM »

well that is then this is now...you are still young...change happens everyday Cheesy
how do you define 'young' Roll Eyes

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2010, 09:56:48 PM »

I'm in my late 40's but I suppose though it seems old to me it is young to others (as I am often told).

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2010, 05:09:36 AM »

then I am truly old!

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2010, 07:30:47 AM »

young is a state of mind I think....how you see yourself and others in the world. I am a crazy silly women. I know that it does not come across on here  Roll Eyes but it is about participating in life and being around a variety of different ages. and we do that here on PDO Tongue

Dance Forum
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2010, 07:37:49 AM »

Puff the Magic Dragon always makes me cry. It always has, and probably always will Cry

At any rate, I have plenty of friend-acquaintances. High school does that. Still, I have a small circle of good friends. There's BF, who is just amazing. Close female friend 1, who I can talk to about anything. Close male friend 1, who I mother quite a bit, and close female friends 2 and 3. That's pretty much it though. The rest are all acquaintances.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2010, 07:57:10 AM »

then I am truly old!

slap slap.. never ever say the O word... Lips sealed Cool

Dance Forum
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2010, 10:00:35 AM »

then I am truly old!

you would slap an old lady? shame on you......

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2010, 10:38:26 AM »

then I am truly old!

hey, we're teh baby boom - we get to make everything sexy - haven't you seen the latest hair craze?  GREY!!!

I am woman, I am old Hear me roar Cheesy

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2010, 09:22:41 PM »

then I am truly old!

you would slap an old lady? shame on you......

naughty boy! Shocked

Dance Forum
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: