partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 01:16:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116399 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Professional (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt)
| | | |-+  I <3 Joanna & Michael
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: I <3 Joanna & Michael  (Read 2278 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 07:37:16 PM »

so does it get to the point where we watch the dancers for the tricks they will play?  Not sure that is bad, I mean after all it is entertaining, but it might detract a bit from the competition itself....

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
samina
Silver

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 08:06:09 PM »

is it tricks or just spontaneous fun... being in the moment... which is where all great dancing occurs anyway?
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 09:18:40 PM »

someone commented to me recently that they thought their performance at a championship in Vienna or something (cant member the location), michael was playing to the audience instead of taking the dance seriously, and that is fine in a showcase but this was during a comp!
a lot of top pros seem to do this... yulia, max, andre, and elena had at a of fun at the manhattan comp -- in the final! -- where they all switched partners, at the end of a rumba IIRC. Smiley

I personally dont have a problem with it, it was the comentator that said something during the event....but that could be a personal opinion...I remember watching a tape from the 2004 Blackpool Festival and a couple did a very fancy quickstep with wonderful backward steps but the comentator said it was just too flashy and not necessary but I did not think that it was very artistic.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 09:28:28 PM »

is it tricks or just spontaneous fun... being in the moment... which is where all great dancing occurs anyway?

I'm afraid I think some of it is just too slick - and its choreographed - the famous one where he goes between the legs - how would you react if someone did that to you?  You wouldn't just stand there - he had to know....

samina
Silver

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 10:16:46 PM »

what advantage would another dancer have in participating in that kind of pre-planned choreo, tho? franco when and won that final after he crawled through his competitor's legs with such composure. i didn't get the sense it was choreo'd but... mebbe my sense is off.
dlgodud
Open Bronze

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2010, 11:35:51 PM »

Samba Practice Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBUGkfXqaps

Chacha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odLB1MAYTSg&feature=related
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 12:29:24 AM »

I'm afraid I think some of it is just too slick - and its choreographed - the famous one where he goes between the legs - how would you react if someone did that to you?  You wouldn't just stand there - he had to know....

I have seen that as well and dont know if it was stge or not, but the other person was very compliant and I wonder what benefits it iwas to him to do so? It was great for the audience

Dance Forum
dlgodud
Open Bronze

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 01:39:24 AM »

someone commented to me recently that they thought their performance at a championship in Vienna or something (cant member the location), michael was playing to the audience instead of taking the dance seriously, and that is fine in a showcase but this was during a comp!
a lot of top pros seem to do this... yulia, max, andre, and elena had at a of fun at the manhattan comp -- in the final! -- where they all switched partners, at the end of a rumba IIRC. Smiley

I personally dont have a problem with it, it was the comentator that said something during the event....but that could be a personal opinion...I remember watching a tape from the 2004 Blackpool Festival and a couple did a very fancy quickstep with wonderful backward steps but the comentator said it was just too flashy and not necessary but I did not think that it was very artistic.

Commentators sometimes do that. I've watched a few very bad comments about top pros. Some of them simply don't like some couples. That was my impression. I will upload some videos if I found them.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 03:31:44 AM »

You're quite the video queen DGDD - keep 'em comin!

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 04:32:28 AM »

I dont look at that many it effect my download

Dance Forum
dlgodud
Open Bronze

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 03:32:33 PM »

You're quite the video queen DGDD - keep 'em comin!

hehe..... that might be true. i love watching things including tv...... Grin
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: