partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 03:15:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116402 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  Ballroom dances - beginners, social and syllabus (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, cornutt, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Could you do this?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Could you do this?  (Read 669 times)
albanaich
Intermediate Bronze

« on: January 26, 2010, 11:37:10 PM »

Recently discovered this - its defintiely a different take on competion dancing.

The girls were in a 'Jack and Jill' competion, paired at random, dancing at random. The two finalists couples, male and female were tied, so the tie breaker was to have the two men and two girls dance with each other

Random Music, Random Partner - and you don't know who is leading!!! Now there's a challenge!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbVDlfXHE14
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 06:18:54 AM »

Recently discovered this - its defintiely a different take on competion dancing.

The girls were in a 'Jack and Jill' competion, paired at random, dancing at random. The two finalists couples, male and female were tied, so the tie breaker was to have the two men and two girls dance with each other

Random Music, Random Partner - and you don't know who is leading!!! Now there's a challenge!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbVDlfXHE14

Dancing with someone of the same sex becomes almost second nature in ballroom - thats how you learn so you have to get over the oddness of it pretty quick.

There is, of course, a large and thriving gay dance community - I believe they are very good at it.  Perhaps one day we will be sophisticated enough to have the communities together.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 10:00:14 AM »

I've done a bit of reverse-role dancing with female instructors.  It's, um, quite a challenge.
albanaich
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 12:50:33 PM »

I've done my fair share of dancing with guys in practise -  both ballroom and WCS, and we of course knew each other. A total stranger at a competion? That would be a bit different.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: