partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 12:29:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  General dancesport issues (Moderators: QPO, Rugby)
| | | |-+  Multiple studios?
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Multiple studios?  (Read 1792 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 01:02:32 PM »

But I've noticed a culture of secrecy in ballroom.  Those of us who have been through the hard knocks school tend to be reluctant to share these gems with new dancers - unless they ask of course when we are more than generous.  Its a tricky situation since its wrong to judge other's values - for example they might be perfectly happy in a controlling studio - and you don't want to make their choices worse but presumption.

OTOH I wonder if we also have a responsibility to share this information when we meet serious couples who are competition tracked??

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 07:26:30 AM »

everyone's experience is different and in the end they know when its time to move. When we first started dancing the couple that taught us are very ordinary dancers, lovely people, but of course we did not know that, it was when we went to another providers  dance that we saw people dancing and though wow, look at those and then we watched our teachers and looked at each other and thought hmmmm.

So it is not hard for others to work it out for themselves, some are happy to continue on that path and you have to respect that.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 08:11:48 AM »

Really good teachers are only proud when you move up the rank.  My first teacher here has become one of my strongest supporters...

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2010, 08:11:59 PM »

Really good teachers are only proud when you move up the rank.  My first teacher here has become one of my strongest supporters...

well I know tht one of our teachers has said, if we can't help you anymore they would say you need to go to so and so to gain more knowledge. so I trust their judgement we have done well so far.

Dance Forum
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2011, 07:03:11 PM »

I currently have a situation where one of the top couples in our studio wants to go else where. Well one part of the partnership does. The one that want to try something else needs a new challenge and the other one is happy to stay on...but there are not many teachers in Adelaide that teach that style of dance so it is very limiting as to where to do.

I don't know what I would do in that situation. I suggested getting in more visiting coaches, but they were not happy with the one that came here.  In the end you have to do what you think is right after all it cost a lot of money and f you don't feel you are improving then you need to look elsewhere.

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2011, 04:37:27 AM »

I currently have a situation where one of the top couples in our studio wants to go else where. Well one part of the partnership does. The one that want to try something else needs a new challenge and the other one is happy to stay on...but there are not many teachers in Adelaide that teach that style of dance so it is very limiting as to where to do.

I don't know what I would do in that situation. I suggested getting in more visiting coaches, but they were not happy with the one that came here.  In the end you have to do what you think is right after all it cost a lot of money and f you don't feel you are improving then you need to look elsewhere.

there is an elsewhere to go?  Best to encourage them to try it out - any other option will make it hard for them to come back!

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: