partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 12:08:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Other dance stuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  20 Minutes
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 Print
Author Topic: 20 Minutes  (Read 42825 times)
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #765 on: April 23, 2013, 06:13:55 AM »

again tonight will focus on core and head position. just have done lots of leg work at the gym and should have a rest but leaving in two days need to have a bit more practice.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #766 on: April 23, 2013, 07:37:40 AM »

again tonight will focus on core and head position. just have done lots of leg work at the gym and should have a rest but leaving in two days need to have a bit more practice.
going work, fun or dancing?

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #767 on: April 23, 2013, 09:17:21 AM »

going work, fun or dancing?

off to NZ to dance in the kiwi classic but get Sunday off! will have a drive up north of Auckland

Dance Forum
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #768 on: May 02, 2013, 04:15:10 PM »

This is a great topic!  The beauty of it is that 20 minutes isn't even a long time.  It's easy to fit in, almost no matter how busy your schedule.

Today so far: Have spent a couple of hours reading through older topics in PDO, as a result have spent sometime clarifying dance goals (which I hadn't done in a long time.)  Tonight: Latin hip motion for no less than 20 minutes.  I'll report back tomorrow. Smiley

Dona nobis pacem.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #769 on: May 03, 2013, 06:04:12 AM »

now that you have got to 3 posts there are plenty of threads that provide wonderful insights from a top coach....

I find that a lot o people go to a lesson do a bit of training and don't think of the dancing on the other days, to be a top competitive dancer you need to work on something everyday, even if it is for 20 minutes.

today I focused on posture and sitting in a manner that assisted by core to remain engaged.

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #770 on: May 03, 2013, 07:32:21 AM »

This is a great topic!  The beauty of it is that 20 minutes isn't even a long time.  It's easy to fit in, almost no matter how busy your schedule.

Today so far: Have spent a couple of hours reading through older topics in PDO, as a result have spent sometime clarifying dance goals (which I hadn't done in a long time.)  Tonight: Latin hip motion for no less than 20 minutes.  I'll report back tomorrow. Smiley
Congrats - you reached the magic 30 posts in no time flat - and in the process reviewed a remarkable range of PDO posts. 

I hope you had a good hip workout!

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #771 on: May 03, 2013, 09:29:10 AM »

lol!  You never should have told me that the key to all knowledge was at thirty posts.  I was at about 22 when it was time to go to bed, but curiosity got the best of me.  So I stayed up and kept reading, looking for things to post. And I couldn't let myself off the hook by posting silliness; only quality posts would do.  And then, to make it all worse, once I got to thirty posts, I just HAD TO see what the key to all knowledge opened, so I stayed up reading for another hour.  Of course, by that time, I was too addle-brained to post anything. Oh.  Too funny.

Dona nobis pacem.
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #772 on: May 03, 2013, 09:34:30 AM »

And yes.  I did have a good workout. It's amazing how much easier it is to gather self-discipline when you know it's just twenty minutes.  Very nice suggestion.   Smiley

That MIT training manual is gone, btw.  I guess the student who was maintaining it graduated. But the great suggestion lives on.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 09:54:37 AM by phoenix13 » Logged

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #773 on: May 03, 2013, 11:33:04 AM »

lol!  You never should have told me that the key to all knowledge was at thirty posts.  I was at about 22 when it was time to go to bed, but curiosity got the best of me.  So I stayed up and kept reading, looking for things to post. And I couldn't let myself off the hook by posting silliness; only quality posts would do.  And then, to make it all worse, once I got to thirty posts, I just HAD TO see what the key to all knowledge opened, so I stayed up reading for another hour.  Of course, by that time, I was too addle-brained to post anything. Oh.  Too funny.
Actually I lied - you still can't see it all: there are parts of PDO that can not be accessed without opening the gate.  These parts are less about how to dance and more about developing the mentality of a dancer.  Have you looked into the body school posts?  These are the true nuggets of dance wisdom on PDO - added by a remarkable dancer and life coach who will drop in every now and then. 

Its rather odd; people should be clamouring to read PDO, its become something of a dance knowledge archive, but I don't know how to get that accross.  Or maybe what we have is not how people see dancing.

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #774 on: May 03, 2013, 11:39:38 AM »

Why do I have the feeling that there are more sleepless nights headed my way?  Grin  And yeah. I was kinda surprised to think that you'd give away the farm for a measly 30 posts. lol. I'll keep plugging away. Cool There's a lot here for me (and others) to benefit from. Smiley

Dona nobis pacem.
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #775 on: May 04, 2013, 11:12:52 PM »

So what did everybody do for their daily 20 minutes?  Today, among other things, 20 minutes on the elliptical trainer.  Figured I'd take my own advice.

Dona nobis pacem.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #776 on: May 05, 2013, 12:18:48 AM »

today I walked for 1km...trying to walk correct and stand tall and be aware of my posture, since two knee operations my walking is quite difficult but improving all the time, I use to walk everywhere and fast now I feel like a granny :-/ but i have moments when I walk perfectly and am not even aware of my injuries Cheesy

So I did more than 20 minutes.

I will also being going through the technique book today as I am working toward my level 1 teaching certificate.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 06:27:35 AM by QPO » Logged

Dance Forum
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #777 on: May 05, 2013, 04:07:23 AM »

Another great topic-- necessity of certification and questions or observations about certifying bodies. Smiley

Dona nobis pacem.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #778 on: May 05, 2013, 06:28:06 AM »

Another great topic-- necessity of certification and questions or observations about certifying bodies. Smiley

your on a roll!

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #779 on: May 05, 2013, 07:37:04 AM »

I held my violin up for 3 hrs !  Tongue 
wait - I also did a bit of garden work Tongue Tongue

looks like its 40 minutes for today Tongue Tongue Tongue Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: