partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 03:26:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116183 Posts in 1853 Topics by 220 Members
Latest Member: elam63
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  General partner dance issues (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt)
| | | |-+  Sweat problem
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Sweat problem  (Read 2560 times)
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 10:06:05 AM »

it basically keeps the baby dry and that is the part that tends to get wet....
but you can wear it on your bum if you like... Smiley

My bum gets wet from all the sweating too.  Shocked Lips sealed
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 08:13:00 PM »

yes we all have that also Tongue

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
bookworm
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 10:07:14 PM »

Keep a change of underwear with you.  Tongue
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 10:23:40 PM »

always need an emergency stash of clothing. Cool

Dance Forum
samina
Silver

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2010, 10:48:04 PM »

just make sure all that stuff is *clean* and doesn't accumulate "fester" in your dance bag!  Tongue
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2010, 10:49:22 PM »

Hahahaha imagine if at the next dance I reach into my shoe bag and pull out a pair of dirty jocks.  Shocked
Peaches
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2010, 10:57:24 PM »

I don't think it's just you.  At all.  By a long shot. 

God knows I sweat like a guy...or a stuck pig...whichever is more.  It doesn't even have to be hot out (although that's hell), or working nearly as hard as you ballroom dancers do.  I just sweat...a lot...  When my hair was really short it would get to the point of soaking my hair and dripping off the back of it.  Ew.  Paper towels to the rescue.

Towels, napkins, trips to the bathroom to wash off a bit with a damp paper towel...that's about all I can do about it.  I don't usually bring an extra shirt, cuz for a girl that often has to turn into extra outfits.  I take breaks.  And apologize. 

Then again, it's pretty usual for the guys to be as sweaty as me, so after a while no one really cares.  Am I wiping my sweat off my face, or yours, or both???  Eh, less thinking, more dancing. 

I tend to stay away from anti-perspirant when I dance, and opt for deodorant instead.  I find that a)no anti-perspirant is effective enough to make a significant difference, and b)sweat + strong anti-perspirant tends to leave me with blocked pores and a rash, which is just way too uncomfortable to deal with.  (I can't believe I just posted that on an open forum.  How embarrassing.)
cdnsalsanut
Bronze

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2010, 11:41:12 PM »

I sweat a lot too.

I buy wiccing shirts, that is...shirts that breathe and expel excess water to the outside layer which then evaporates it.  Ha, not with this sweater they don't. However, special athletic wiccing wear is much better than regular wear. I notice at salsa that some ladies wear tennis tops and skirts, very sexy and quite nice lines but same idea, they are athletic wear and help to deal with sweating.

I found a line here in Canada called COOL, sold at sears, which offers a wiccing line of shirts. I don't particularly like to have to wear stuff with a logo on it all the time and these shirts look like regular dress shirts but actually made of a wiccing material.

When wearing a dress shirt I have started to wear and singlet underneat, often an athletic wiccing top.  I also wear lots of  black t-shirts when I'm latin dancing. I wear a lot of dark colours because it doesn't show so much and I also bring 3 or 4 extra ts, and I wear them all. I do bring a towel and also, of course, lots of liquid. Hydration is very important.

I learned that watching people puke at martial arts and tennis tournaments.  Now, when I go social or salsa dancing, I start drinking water about an hour beforehand and continue to drink lots of water throughout the night.

I really sweat a lot and am very lucky that I don't smell.  Every once in a while I'll dip into my dance bag, pull out my towel and another shirt and disappear into the bathroom.  There I towel off, freshen up and don a new top.

I also find I have to launder my pants often as they have salt stains on them from sweat. I keep my hair short also.  I have a friend who grosses the girls out because he not only sweats a lot but sprays everyone when he shows off his double and triple spins...

"There are short-cuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them."
~Vicki Baum
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2010, 03:35:27 PM »

My partner just needed to think of dancing and he would start to perspire. Smiley When we would then start dancing then he would be soaked. I on the other hand would only glow. Wink I would often end up with a “heart” shape on my body suit, at least that was poof that we were having body contact.  Embarrassed   Shocked  Tongue   Cheesy

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2010, 09:10:10 PM »

Sounds like a sauna in here....

Am I the only person that hardly sweats at all?
My pores woudn't dare...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
ZPomeroy
reg mods
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 09:11:37 PM »

My shirt does not get soaked, but i do sweat quite a bit, its not a nice thing...

Zac

Dance is poetry written for the feet, read by the heart, and destined for the soul.
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2010, 01:41:37 AM »

Sounds like a sauna in here....

My pores woudn't dare...

I don't, really.  I can, have, and do, but it takes a lot more than the amount of hard dancing I do to make me sweat.  I sweat when I get on the elliptical (although not to the dripping point that some of you talk about), and I used to sweat when I'd be performing under the hot stage lights in high school show choir and when I'd be working outside at the barn during the summertime.  But dancing?  Not so much.  At socials I don't dance enough or for a sustained period to really make me sweat, showcases are just one 3-minute routine, and since I only compete Bronze, there's only so much dancing I do there too.  And of course lessons are more detail-oriented than dancing full-out.
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2010, 05:19:42 AM »

well there are a lot of good ideas I have a friend that is very conscious  of this problem I will give him the suggestions

Dance Forum
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2010, 11:26:17 PM »

My pores woudn't dare...

Yeah, well you live in Toronto.   Wink
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2010, 06:20:51 AM »

My pores woudn't dare...

Yeah, well you live in Toronto.   Wink
... which unfortunately also too often means over-heated rooms Undecided

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: