partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 10:11:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116526 Posts in 1858 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Crystal Leaf Canadian Open DanceSport Championships 2010
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Crystal Leaf Canadian Open DanceSport Championships 2010  (Read 4395 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2010, 05:17:42 AM »

Stll no word on our event - so tried emailing the next admin on the CL list Cheesy

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
MrsMoose
Bronze

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2010, 06:49:09 AM »

It's not organized well. They have me down as a man and my partner as a female. They have open and closed mxied in.

Do you want me to ask? I can ask about your event, if you like, just tell me the name of the event. I can ask and I can let you know. At least by tomorrow morning you will know as I wiill try my best to find out for you

The photographer/vidographer wasn't here either and Gregory said he will be here last night.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2010, 07:02:18 AM »

PM'd you - thanks again about th eoffer.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2010, 07:02:55 AM »

MEET UP - location is changed to HARRY's BAR!! 7pm sat eve.
Near the reception....

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2010, 05:08:23 PM »

Stll no word on our event - so tried emailing the next admin on the CL list Cheesy

Yeah, a few years ago I wanted to get some info and finally had to drive over to the darn studio when I was in Toronto.  They are not doing themselves a favor by not keeping on top of things year in and year out.  I was telling them that they did a great job on the comp and lighting, DJ and so forth but the most important thing to a dancer they continually ignore, a clean floor!   

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2010, 05:26:00 PM »

Yeah, a few years ago I wanted to get some info and finally had to drive over to the darn studio when I was in Toronto.  They are not doing themselves a favor by not keeping on top of things year in and year out.  I was telling them that they did a great job on the comp and lighting, DJ and so forth but the most important thing to a dancer they continually ignore, a clean floor!   

Well add this one to the books.  Still no reply from the organizers - I realize its bedlam there but it would take 30 seconds to say 'event still on, 7.45 pm'.

That is actually the right info - but it was provided by one of our PDOodlers who is already there (thanks Mrs Moose) and went to the office to ask.

I'm hoping for a floor on the slippery rather than sticky side.  Our tango is hopeless anyway so it can't be helped by a friendly floor whereas being able to slide a bit will certainly help our swing dances......

MrsMoose
Bronze

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2010, 06:47:10 AM »

Hi, actually my DP went to ask for you. they would not have given me any info. He went to ask becuase I knew your DP name. And you are in the program book as I have that so I doubled checked it out. That's the time in the book. He got the heat # for me so I could look in the program.

No probs happy to help out. And the best of the best of luck to you and your DP and no worries, I understand that due to hour and time, we can't meet up, maybe if we all go to OSB?? You do what you gotta do there will be other times. No worries at all. I gotta start getting ready think good thoughts for me.

And sorry to say unless they do something, I found the floor "sticky",

Round 2 today for me tango waltz foxtrot.

I did quite well with my hustle, had trouble with my swing, starting this early is hard on me. I hope I do well today with my other dances.

And for what's it's worth, let's not discuss disorganization you don't want to know what they did to me and DP.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 06:50:32 AM by MrsMoose » Logged
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2010, 01:04:01 PM »

Congrats MrsM!  Great start for you - hope today goes equally well.

And, to continue our scheduling saga.  I think they moved all the pre-champ heats to sunday afternoon - but our heat 'surgery' was only partially successful - moved on the 'final schedule' but not, however, in the book!  Fortunately I was able to go out there and point out the confusion - so now we are back to plan 1` and dancing tonight at about 7.45 (senior I prechamp) and then again tomorrow night (senior II pre-champ and champ). 

We're not hoping too much though as the new routines have not exactly gelled yet - just want to have a good time Smiley

MrsMoose
Bronze

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2010, 08:23:36 AM »

Well I did not d great on my smooth. I got mostly seconds,  I won one dance foxtrot open.

I forgot my waltz routines, I really screwed up trying to do  a part of routnine from foxtrot. I commend  Pro for trying to salvage what was salvageable. At least my dress was nice and fit well. Tango was not bad but you could see I was tired I had trouble keeping it up from the heat I turned purple from the heat.
The heat for me was unbearable. I thought I was going to faint. I can't say I'm pleased with myself but could have been worse.

The saving part for me yesterday was when I was leaving the hall, and a judge stopped me to tell me how much he enjoyed my hustle open routine that perked me up.
Plus I got to meet Elise and a couple other non dance peopel that I do business with in TO and was happy to meet them as well. Nice weekend, DH and I went downtown sightseeing on fri afternoon and that was fun. Only a bit down on my dancing.

Could have been worse but could have been a whole lot better. It"s not that I didn't win, it's that I know I did screw up. I did get a lot of seconds. A couple of thirds one fourth and I think one fifth.

I heard that one of the IDSF  competitors on friday night collapsed on the dance floor from the heat. He just dropped.

The floor was sticky,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: