partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 05:17:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116436 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Crystal Leaf Canadian Open DanceSport Championships 2010
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Crystal Leaf Canadian Open DanceSport Championships 2010  (Read 3769 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« on: January 17, 2010, 06:34:45 PM »

Apr 16-18, 2010 Crystal Leaf
http://www.crystalleafinternational.com/CL/CLmain.htm

2010 IDSF World DanceSport Championship Youth Ten-Dance
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 08:47:22 PM by elisedance » Logged

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 11:29:22 PM »

Hopefully there will be a good amount of competitors.  The bigger the fields the better.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
MrsMoose
Bronze

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 08:39:45 AM »

I am hopeing to go. I have hotel reservations.  anything I should know about re the hotel?Huh
First time for this comp for me any advice, instructions, anything I need to know?

Would you say it's tougher than la Classique as an example as they are both canadian and so close to each other?Huh
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 10:40:41 AM »

A great place to compare the strength of competitions (with respect to AM and pro anyway, not pro/am) is to look them up on dancesportinfo (we have a topic on that too).  They have a competition ranking.

On there the crystal leaf ranks well below the Classique which is about on a par with the Snowball (BC) and below Kingston.  However, with respect to pro/am the classique has to be the top ranked. 

Crystal leaf was one of the first Canadian comps to put the pro/am open events in the evening - up till then pro-am was just regarded as a non-dance event mostly to get the money for 'real' dancers to attend... (sorry if that sounds brutal but I think it is true, and some of this attitude persists).

As I recall, CL was stronger at the syllabus levels of pro-am and weak at the top levels - but maybe all those dancers are now in open Smiley
ee

MrsMoose
Bronze

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 04:10:09 PM »

Want to say thank you for that info Elise, very helpful and interesting. I'm not in the top ranking, I think I will be dancing during the day at Crystal Leaf. I'm not there yet. I have hope.

I wasted a lot of time till I found the right teacher/Pro for me. Not as as I thought it should/would be.

Will checkout the other section/topic too.

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 08:37:47 PM »

The floor is very long, more than most so take that into consideration for your routines.  The floor is usually slow too since they have not had the concept of cleaning it well before the comp come into play yet.  Either than that this is a good competition and I have to give it to the orgainzers for working hard to make it run smoothly and with class.  I think this comp will even get better in the future if the politics are kept on the sidelines.   

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
MrsMoose
Bronze

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 04:20:12 PM »

Thank you for the info Rugby.

May I ask someone, for Pro/Am how much is a single dance entry?

Forget Pro fees or studio fees, I got that, but I can't see the entry fees.

I see the entry tix prices etc but not the Pro/|Am single dances.

La Classique was $30/dance plus all the extra. Is Crystal Leaf the same?
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 04:22:20 PM »

Thank you for the info Rugby.

May I ask someone, for Pro/Am how much is a single dance entry?

Forget Pro fees or studio fees, I got that, but I can't see the entry fees.

I see the entry tix prices etc but not the Pro/|Am single dances.

La Classique was $30/dance plus all the extra. Is Crystal Leaf the same?

I hope they are not doing that old trick - to not post the entry fees to the AMs so that the pros can add a markup Sad

I really don't think they would - let me check later (gotta run).

MrsMoose
Bronze

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 10:22:50 AM »

My teacher and the lady who runs the school was on the website and couldn't find any prices either.

They left messages, but I was hopeing to find out sooner rather than later as I won't hear from them till next week and I want to get my finances in order.

But I don't think there are any Pro/Am prices if they couldn't find it either.

Oh well thanks anyway.

If you know what last year was that would be helpful too it will at least give me a gustimate?

thanks
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 11:19:41 AM »

I have contacted the organizers directly.  Hopefully, they will let us know.
ee

MrsMoose
Bronze

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 02:16:33 PM »

thank you.

That is most appreciated. I don't think my school will inflate as I already have a price for my Pro.   They break everything down anyway for me.  I was just trying to get my fiances in order as I have to pay next wednesday and i have no clue. His fees and stuff I can pay the week before so no worries but I have to give entry fees and ticket fees next week.

The tix alone are expensive. I need 3 entry tix so alone that is $600. Not a bargain for sure. But I'm happy to go

I hope we will be meeting up
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 01:44:59 PM »

I have been unable to get the entry price from the competition organizers thus far (still hoping) but an anonymous source puts the price for a single dance at 35$.

However, I have no way to check that so take it for what its worth.

MrsMoose
Bronze

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 02:45:39 PM »

Hi thank you that is most helpful.

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 01:34:36 PM »

We have decided not to go to the Crysat Leaf after all.  When I was adding up the costs it was way too much for us at this time, especially since I am out of work.   By the time we pay the travel costs, hotel, food, competition costs ($320.00 alone) we will be way over $500 if we eat cheap.  If we were more competitive maybe, but right now we don't consider ourselves to be at this point, so it will cost more than it is worth.  Hopefully next year as I do like this competition. 

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 02:25:17 PM »

Sorry to hear that R.  And you have a point - thats over 5 lessons...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: