partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 07:24:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116434 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Just to chat... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  How was your day, dear?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38 Print
Author Topic: How was your day, dear?  (Read 20831 times)
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2010, 10:58:46 PM »

Aren't you missing dancing - I mean with DP yet?

HA!... ...  Undecided

thats not an answer Roll Eyes

It's an open ended answer.  Tongue
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 01:41:56 AM »

sitting on the fence. will only work for awhile...then a decision will have to be made which side you jump! Cool

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2010, 01:50:55 AM »

Oi, BOT you lot Tongue
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2010, 02:06:38 AM »

Rotten.

[How's that, L?]
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2010, 02:13:21 AM »

Rotten.

[How's that, L?]

Much better ^_^

My day was...interesting, to say the least.

I was still awake at midnight, watching Chicago. That was fun. Then we stayed up till 3.30am watching more movies. Sleep. Wake up at 7am, and go to work -.-. Just, urg.
At work it only got worse. The actual setting up went fine, but the guy who was meant to show up at 10 didn't, until we rang him, and he showed up at 11.
Then the girl who was meant to start at 1 called in sick. At 12.
TDNWMH
And now I'm home, putting up with dad. Oh joy.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2010, 05:32:52 AM »

Aren't you missing dancing - I mean with DP yet?
HA!... ...  Undecided

thats not an answer Roll Eyes

It's an open ended answer.  Tongue
that would be a reasonable definition of 'not an answer' Undecided

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2010, 01:19:17 PM »

Wake up at 7am, and go to work -.-. Just, urg.
At work it only got worse. The actual setting up went fine, but the guy who was meant to show up at 10 didn't, until we rang him, and he showed up at 11.
Then the girl who was meant to start at 1 called in sick. At 12.
TDNWMH
And now I'm home, putting up with dad. Oh joy.

Something similar happened to me on Thursday!  Had to open the store, so my shift was from 9-1.  Except there was some weirdness with the schedule, so when I left it was just the 2 managers and no associates.  But whatever, they told me to go home.  So I go home, I put on workout clothes, I'm eating lunch, and then at 2:20 my phone rings.  It's my manager.  Turns out the schedule weirdness was the girl that was supposed to be there from 1-6 telling the store manager (who was off that day) that she couldn't come in, so Store Manager said she'd fix it...except she didn't.  So they didn't have anybody else coming in until 6, which meant that the 2 managers working that day couldn't take their breaks because we can't leave the store with just one person.  My manager, begging: "Um...so would you maybe want to come back in and work for a few hours until J gets here at 6 so me and Other Manager can take our breaks?"  My thought process:  Well, I haven't worked out yet, so I don't stink or anything...it'll be a little extra money and LOTS of brownie points in their eyes...oh, alright...

My Thursday, as follows: Work from 9-1.  Go home.  Change.  Get phone call.  Change back into work clothes.  Go back to work.  Work from 3-6.

Oh, joy.
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2010, 02:56:50 PM »

So, how was your day BTM?  Eat any nice platypusses off your platitudes?

well last night i went to a jazz concert by Gilad Atzmon and the Orient House Ensemble, today i am mixolydian with Dorian flourishes and diminished sevenths,

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2010, 04:26:00 PM »

So, how was your day BTM?  Eat any nice platypusses off your platitudes?

well last night i went to a jazz concert by Gilad Atzmon and the Orient House Ensemble, today i am mixolydian with Dorian flourishes and diminished sevenths,
Have you ever looked at the music they have on the stand infront of them?  The notes are so simple a 6 yr od might use them for a right hand piano lesson.... the rest comes out of the head...

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2010, 05:22:14 AM »

Gilad Atzmon was making jokes about that; he had some sheet music on a stand in front of him but he admitted to composing by ear.

Most of the music fell off the stand in first song and I think the only shet he paid attention to must have been his song list.

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
chunkey monkey
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2010, 09:15:05 PM »

it wasn't as productive as i thought it would be, but i did get some stuff done.  mainly trying to get "caught up" with emails and pdo.  i also managed to work out some negative feelings i was having towards competitive dancing.  Smiley
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2010, 09:38:08 AM »

mixd I feel sometimes I go round in circles but when I sit down and look through things I see that I have done alot!....

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2010, 10:11:52 AM »

when I sit down and look through things I see that I have done alot!....mixd I feel sometimes I go round in circles but

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2010, 02:07:43 PM »

so far so good - worked well, had my hair done and dance practised... now just had a tasty and legal lunch and a delsh macciato while PDOodling and about to work some more...

dlgodud
Open Bronze

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2010, 07:04:38 PM »

Actually, my day started horribly. Angry
But, I managed well to survive and am home and enjoy the rest of the day. Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: