partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 09:20:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116183 Posts in 1853 Topics by 220 Members
Latest Member: elam63
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Band-Aids, Asprins and Splints (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  foot care
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: foot care  (Read 1690 times)
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« on: March 04, 2011, 01:08:47 AM »

yesterday my toes was really sore. It looked red  and I thought it was broken or something. but this morning it was huge!. Went to a doctor and there is an infection. Followed on to the Podiatrist and he lanced it :-/

have no idea how that happened but obviously me wearing in closed shoes all the time lately is not helping to air the feet. Cannot wear shoes at all and the sandels I have on I have to have the little toe on the outside of the strap!

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 03:31:51 AM »

yesterday my toes was really sore. It looked red  and I thought it was broken or something. but this morning it was huge!. Went to a doctor and there is an infection. Followed on to the Podiatrist and he lanced it :-/

Sad Is it the same leg as the knee?

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 04:12:05 AM »

yes it is....it is certainly in the wars!

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 04:17:23 AM »

yes it is....it is certainly in the wars!

Good leg, bad leg syndrome!

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 06:41:48 AM »

I have no idea why.. It may be that I don't  go round on bare feet much as I find it very hard. So I wear shoes and or runners so why feet sweat more, a small crack then becomes vulnerable as in this case.

but boy is it sore.. did not know a toe can expand that much Shocked

Dance Forum
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 09:22:07 AM »

gosh my foot has become its own thread.... Shocked but it is a very important topic as they are the most important part of our body and we neglect them terribly!

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 10:54:47 AM »

gosh my foot has become its own thread.... Shocked but it is a very important topic as they are the most important part of our body and we neglect them terribly!

Well, maybe not quite the most important part, I'd rather part with a foot than my heart or brain for example, but its sure up there. Smiley

I mean down there, I mean ... Tongue

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 07:06:57 PM »

yes. but I can tell you I cannot put my foot in a shoe at the moment it is so painful. When I danced on Thursday night I took pain relief (I did not know at the time there was an infection). and of course you feel unwell and flat so you push yourself even more!

But I will go regularly to the Podiatrist to make sure that they keep the callus ( it had cracked and caused a fissure) under control I don't want another infection.

Soaking it in warm salty water today.

Perhaps a pedicure every two months would be nice.

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 01:53:31 AM »

I soak my feet in the bath at least once every 2 weeks.  When cooked I scrape the calluses to get the softenend, hard skin off and make it the same shape as my foot.  After drying the foot I coat it in moisturiser (a heavy foot one is best) and pop it into a slipper to cook and dry.  Its important to not let the callus get too thick - thats when they crack.  But YMMV, it depends on how good you are at making them!

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 02:05:32 AM »

well i don't do that I only get one callus between the little toe and the next one on my left foot. but will be more vigilant. not having worn sandals this summer (due to bad support).

I never get tinia etc...so i am very surprised by this infection but it has been very painful!

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 03:24:27 AM »

well i don't do that I only get one callus between the little toe and the next one on my left foot. but will be more vigilant. not having worn sandals this summer (due to bad support).

I never get tinia etc...so i am very surprised by this infection but it has been very painful!
Well, what was the explanation - you should not just get infections, there has to be a cut...

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 07:23:36 AM »

Well, what was the explanation - you should not just get infections, there has to be a cut...

yes the callus/corn had a fissure...and that is where the infection got  in. so now I will try to wear open shoes for awhile to allow it to breath...2nd day of antibiotics and starting to feel normal. Hope it lasts

Dance Forum
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 05:13:22 AM »

Something for heels and the consequences of wearing them...

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/fashion-beauty/Have+high+heel+hangover+Here+help/5965902/story.html

exeerpt

Calf Stretch: Put your hands on a wall, place one foot in front of the other and keeping both heels on the ground, bend the front knee until you can feel the stretch in your back calf. Hold 30 seconds. A second calf stretch can be done on stairs; hang one heel off the stair until you can feel the stretch. Hold 30 seconds. Switch.

"A calf stretch is what anyone who wears any shoes should do, because even your general athletic shoe is technically 1½-2 inches (3.8-5 cm) in the heel, so that is a high heel, too," says Bowman. "So calf stretch, calf stretch, calf stretch."

Toe spread: Sit in a chair and rest your feet on an ottoman or low table. Spread your toes so that there is a space between each one. Repeat. (if you can't do this, start with wearing pedicure spacers).

Toe lift: Standing straight, lift your big toes off the ground while keeping all the other toes on the ground. Then lift the other toes one by one.

Tennis ball massage: While seated, roll a tennis ball under your feet to stretch your plantar fascia. If your feet are inflamed or tired, roll your foot over a bottle of water that has been frozen.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/life/fashion-beauty/Have+high+heel+hangover+Here+help/5965902/story.html#ixzz1j363eMbZ

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2013, 06:47:34 AM »

Found this when I was googling massage for dancers.  A recommended routine for caring for dancer's tired feet.  Thoughts?

http://www.danceadvantage.net/2009/06/02/dancer-feet-overworked/

Dona nobis pacem.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: