partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 07:52:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Funstuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  I remember when ... (with a little help from Baron Münchhausen)
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: I remember when ... (with a little help from Baron Münchhausen)  (Read 2917 times)
Vagabond
Intermediate Silver

~ Mai Più Senza! ~

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2010, 08:01:54 AM »

i WOULD HAVE BEEN happy spending Christmas with the Dutch Army; they were bored and we were a distraction from their everyday routine; plus it was cosy, and there a couple of nice local girls doing bits and pieces for them who looked after me; ie got me over "shock"
changed my post, didn't realise it was a Munchhausen spoof
mea culpa
V
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 05:36:23 PM by Vagabond » Logged

Dancing with the feet is one thing, but dancing with the heart is another.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2010, 08:33:59 AM »

whie observing a melanogaster emerging from its coccoon I observed that it took a left turn and not a right one as is usual.  15 years of experimentation supported by 5.7256 million $ I found out that the reason it took the left turn was because someone had left the heating lamp on.  These observations were published in the prestigious journal 'post-partum behaviour of advanced fruit-eating althropods' and its significance was recognized some 25 years later to gain me a prize at the fruit-fly convention in Albuquerque AZ 1983. 

The publicity ensured my laboratory's survival for a further 22 years.l

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2010, 09:11:33 AM »

i WOULD HAVE BEEN happy spending Christmas with the Dutch Army; they were bored and we were a distraction from their everyday routine; plus it was cosy, and there a couple of nice local girls doing bits and pieces for them who looked after me; ie got me over "shock"
UNPROFOR? what year? remember the Dutch battalion that got you out?

tell me why you want to know and I'll try to dig out the info but i have alousy memory for dates, never mind battallions.

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2010, 12:35:38 PM »

I have a book with it in - yes, it was the Dutch Oven Batallion the famous DOB's.  Famous for their slow-cooked lamb shanks above all.

ZPomeroy
reg mods
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2010, 07:27:15 AM »

I remember when everyone in the world decided it would be fun to communicate using a sequence of winks Wink

Zac

Dance is poetry written for the feet, read by the heart, and destined for the soul.
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2010, 07:44:55 AM »

my daughter was explaining to me that if I stroked my eyelashes they would grow long.......

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2010, 08:31:07 AM »

my daughter was explaining to me that if I stroked my eyelashes they would grow long.......

wow, then you could get a job as a chimney sweep
Well, as his brush anyway

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2010, 09:55:08 AM »

all this snow reminds me of a film called Quintet made by Robert Altman

oh and sine we cant embed youtube I think I going to start a Box of Delights thread which is just to post links that you think other people would find interestin/inspiring/

shame it cant be compulsory.. because I get the feeling most of my links are ignored......

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2010, 05:05:01 AM »

Undecided  I think I go to every one BTM - so you have a fan club of one at least Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: