partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 06:16:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116449 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Funstuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  I remember when ... (with a little help from Baron Münchhausen)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: I remember when ... (with a little help from Baron Münchhausen)  (Read 2792 times)
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« on: January 04, 2010, 01:47:51 AM »

[This topic derives from the 'ometimes I Wish....' one.  Its the memories you will have when refecting in the old people's home - and as such can be anything you can conceive of.  Hence the famous aging Münchhausen who flew from a cannon, visited the moon and tied his horse to a tree on a wintry night only to discover it hanging from a church steeple the next morning when the snow melted etc etc...]

yup, when you are sitting in the oild folks home with all the pictures of you dancing covering your bedroom wall Shocked

I remember when......  
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 05:41:59 AM by elisedance » Logged

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 04:53:16 AM »

yup, when you are sitting in the oild folks home with all the pictures of you dancing covering your bedroom wall Shocked

I remember when......  

and being able to tell stories like Abe Simpson....

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 05:43:31 AM »

And when when, but for a sprained ankle in the QS, we nearly beat Mirko and Alessia .....

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 05:56:16 AM »

Baron Münchhausen!!!

*loves*

Did you know there's a rolepaying game based on him? A whole bunch of people sit around a table and tell (rather far-fetched) stories of their exploits. It's sooooo so fun to play. It's originally meant to be a drinking game - people can challenge your story and its truthfulness if they buy you a drink - but we play it with chocolate coins.

It's hilarious.

As is the movie.

However, I have nothing else to contribute to this thread, because I'm not really old enough.

Though I do like scaring small children by telling them that I'm so old that when I was their age, Pluto was a planet.
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 06:27:57 AM »

ah there was the rare occasion, when being madly in love with a gorgeous Scottish woman,  i declined an offer of love-making on her kitchen table as I was too full of vegetarian haggis Tongue
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 06:49:45 AM by Bordertangoman » Logged

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 06:37:04 AM »

Baron Münchhausen!!!

*loves*

Did you know there's a rolepaying game based on him? A whole bunch of people sit around a table and tell (rather far-fetched) stories of their exploits. It's sooooo so fun to play. It's originally meant to be a drinking game - people can challenge your story and its truthfulness if they buy you a drink - but we play it with chocolate coins.

It's hilarious.

As is the movie.

However, I have nothing else to contribute to this thread, because I'm not really old enough.

Though I do like scaring small children by telling them that I'm so old that when I was their age, Pluto was a planet.
you missed the point - you are supposed to imagine you are in the OPH and relating your adventures and expolits.  You only need to be old enough to write ... Wink

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 07:53:28 AM »

ah there was the rare occasion, when being madly in love with a gorgeous Scottish woman,  i declined an offer of love-making on her kitchen table as I was too full of vegetarian haggis Tongue

Oh I remember that well..... I think if I look in the cupboard I might still have the photos!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 07:59:21 AM by QPO » Logged

Dance Forum
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 07:55:09 AM »

you missed the point - you are supposed to imagine you are in the OPH and relating your adventures and expolits.  You only need to be old enough to write ... Wink

I sort of got it

Just had to ramble there.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 07:58:25 AM »

I remember when I was in the Blackpool final of 2004 I did the hottest quickstep when I represented Denmark...but alas the judges thought I was too flashy...

I will show them flashy! Shocked  

Dance Forum
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 08:04:29 AM »

ah there was the rare occasion, when being madly in love with a gorgeous Scottish woman,  i declined an offer of love-making on her kitchen table as I was too full of vegetarian haggis Tongue

Oh I remember that well..... I think if I look in the cupboard I might still have the photos!

Oh that's nothing. I could tell tales that would make your hair curl.

Alas, not one of them is forum-friendly. Not suitable at all for the ears of the young ladies. A grave disappointment...I would so have loved to share.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 09:28:54 AM »

I remember the time in the amazon in the early 18th century when I was swallowed by an anaconda snake the length of the concord.  Fortunately I had my mountain climbing gear with me and did my crevis-climibing method to get right through the beast and out his tail.  When there I wraped the thing round a tree and tied a knot between the head and tail.  The local Pinca indians recognized me as a god and gave me 300 extra years to live with their most powerful potions.

If only I could find another such anaconda

SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 09:32:09 AM »

I remember when I was in bed making sweet love to my beautiful girlfriend.......

Wait, maybe that really happened but it's been so long that I don't remember anymore and think it's just a dream.  Undecided
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 09:47:10 AM »

I remember the time in the amazon in the early 18th century when I was swallowed by an anaconda snake the length of the concord.  Fortunately I had my mountain climbing gear with me and did my crevis-climibing method to get right through the beast and out his tail.  When there I wraped the thing round a tree and tied a knot between the head and tail.  The local Pinca indians recognized me as a god and gave me 300 extra years to live with their most powerful potions.

If only I could find another such anaconda

That reminds me when I met such an anaconda, at least 25 feet long. Fortunatley one of mu guides had told me exactly what to. His name was Hokumbi from the Wehda-fakawi tribe. He told me that if anaconda were to start to eat me feet first I should start to eat him from his tail. Having recently won a black pudding cooked in Birds extra thick batter contest; the anaconda slipped down nicely aided with a little HP sauce; when it dawned on the anaconda that I was eating it faster than it was eating me; it decided to spit me out.

cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2010, 09:58:03 AM »

I tell kids about watching TV in black and white, but they never believe me.   Roll Eyes
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2010, 10:12:02 AM »

I tell kids about watching TV in black and white, but they never believe me.   Roll Eyes

but the whole world was in black and white until about 1890. look at any old movie

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: