partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 02, 2014, 12:32:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116409 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  Ballroom dances - beginners, social and syllabus (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, cornutt, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Too big, too small, just right -- What's the perfect group class size?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Too big, too small, just right -- What's the perfect group class size?  (Read 216 times)
phoenix13
Gold

« on: July 12, 2013, 04:48:40 AM »

I think we've all been there -- in group classes that were just too big,  Coudn't see the teacher(s.) Didn't have enough room to try the patterns. Etc.  OTOH, I've also been in group classes where I was the only follow who showed up.  Or group classes where the technique or patterns were a tad difficult and I wanted someone to hide behind but there was nobody there. Grin

And, looking at it from the teacher's perspective, given the way group classes are often priced, there has to be a certain minimum number of students to make it worth their time.  But there's (probably) also some number at which it may be difficult for the teacher to manage the class while feeling she/he has been effective.

So question to you.  Do you think there's an optimum group class size?  If so, what determines that size?  Floor size?  Teacher skill/experience? Teacher to student ratio (meaning do multiple instructors help?)  Type or difficulty of material covered in class?

What think you?

Dona nobis pacem.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: