partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 12:55:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  Ballroom dance -advanced (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  waiting - the essence of following
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Print
Author Topic: waiting - the essence of following  (Read 12787 times)
bookworm
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #135 on: March 01, 2012, 06:10:10 AM »

au contraire
Life is Elisewhere Roll Eyes

Hehe love you ee! Having a tiring day at work amd then you made me smile. Thank you for being you!  Smiley
thank you BTM.  and you don't know quite how much I needed that... xx

Smiley Kiss

how did I do that??   Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed  I'm sorry.. and thanks ...

you just assumed we were alone...... Wink

I'm here lurking occasionally  Smiley  (that's ok ee, I thought it stood for something else and actually looked it up on Google - some of the more interesting definitions Behind the Music, Break the Matrix, Bless this mess  Tongue )
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #136 on: March 01, 2012, 07:02:45 AM »

au contraire

Hehe love you ee! Having a tiring day at work amd then you made me smile. Thank you for being you!  Smiley

Smiley Kiss

how did I do that??   Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed  I'm sorry.. and thanks ...

I guess I did ... you have to look out for bookworms though, they pop up between the leafs! Smiley

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #137 on: March 01, 2012, 07:17:50 AM »

au contraire

Smiley Kiss

how did I do that??   Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed  I'm sorry.. and thanks ...

I guess I did ... you have to look out for bookworms though, they pop up between the leafs! Smiley

especially the .303 bookworm which goes through 20  books at once...

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #138 on: March 01, 2012, 07:43:03 AM »

au contraire

Smiley Kiss

Cheesy 
I guess we should get back on topic... (self moderation is a very good thing...)

drj
Bronze

« Reply #139 on: March 04, 2012, 07:50:50 PM »

I believe the man needs to be able to hone his skills to where his lead barely disturbs the fabric of the his own clothes but illicits a powerful reaction from the lady. In order to do that, the man has to learn what actions within himself transmits information to the lady's body. 

How my instructor phrases it: a leader needs to move the lady, not himself. It is ASTONISHING how much intent I can pick up from the slightest indication he gives. The important part: he's moving me, not himself. His slightest movement, sometimes even his thought (I swear, it's true) elicits my response, and I find myself doing the most unlikely things -- if I were thinking about them at all, I'd never do them, but b/c he's moving me, I don't think, and BAM! amazing things happen.

And yes, he teaches this to his gentlemen, if they're willing to learn it. If I could only be a gent and learn this, what it would  be... I will have to content myself with being on the receiving end.

ancora imparo
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #140 on: March 05, 2012, 12:28:48 AM »

How my instructor phrases it: a leader needs to move the lady, not himself. It is ASTONISHING how much intent I can pick up from the slightest indication he gives. The important part: he's moving me, not himself. His slightest movement, sometimes even his thought (I swear, it's true) elicits my response, and I find myself doing the most unlikely things -- if I were thinking about them at all, I'd never do them, but b/c he's moving me, I don't think, and BAM! amazing things happen.

And yes, he teaches this to his gentlemen, if they're willing to learn it. If I could only be a gent and learn this, what it would  be... I will have to content myself with being on the receiving end.
The thought controlled partner, the highest level of partner there is.  What a dream it is to dance with someone like that, someone so free and open minded.  I believe you drj because it IS true.  Thought is the most powerful lead there is, but free will is an even more powerful opposition to that lead. A lady who can direct that free will to receive information with an open mind is truly a dream to dance with.  I guess that's why "open mind" is one of the jobs of the lady.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 12:31:11 AM by Some guy » Logged
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #141 on: March 05, 2012, 06:26:51 AM »

I understand and agree - and I would add two points.  First, I think every person has this and experiences it - what varies most is how much they believe in themselves in how strong it is.  Second, you don't have to be a man to do it!!  This is, of course, logical from the above but its also very evident in dance.  The man initiates the movement and the more he does it by thought and self-belief the more effective and natural it is; the woman enacts the movement but then as she completes it she transmits her readiness to start the next motion to the man - in exactly the same way.  Thus, the thought transmission goes something like:

M thought: 'I wish to move'; W response: 'I feel the need to move'; W thought: 'I have completed my movement'; M response: 'I feel free to move again'

ee

drj
Bronze

« Reply #142 on: March 05, 2012, 07:12:35 AM »

<snip> Thus, the thought transmission goes something like:

M thought: 'I wish to move YOU'; W response: 'I feel the need to move where and as you want me to move'; W thought: 'I have completed my movement, now whatcha got?'; M response: 'I feel free to move YOU again'

ee

FTFY

ancora imparo
drj
Bronze

« Reply #143 on: March 05, 2012, 07:13:23 AM »

LOL

ancora imparo
drj
Bronze

« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2012, 07:21:02 AM »

The thought controlled partner, the highest level of partner there is.  What a dream it is to dance with someone like that, someone so free and open minded.  I believe you drj because it IS true.  Thought is the most powerful lead there is, but free will is an even more powerful opposition to that lead. A lady who can direct that free will to receive information with an open mind is truly a dream to dance with.  I guess that's why "open mind" is one of the jobs of the lady.

And when my mind closes -- when I think <gasp, horrors, oh noooooo> -- that's when it all goes wrong. It's always, always my thinking that screws things up.

Which begs the question: if waiting is the essence of following, but I can read his intent quickly, almost like reading his mind, then where does the waitin

oh.

nevermind; I just made sense of something my instructor has been saying to me for a while, thanks for the opportunity to work it out in my mind

ancora imparo
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #145 on: March 05, 2012, 07:41:33 AM »

I
M thought: 'I wish to move'; W response: 'I feel the need to move'; W thought: 'I have completed my movement'; M response: 'I feel free to move again'

ee

I have experienced: M: She's moved I better keep up. W: he's coming with me, I shall do more
M: she's still moving! W: mad laughter. I have taken control! M: That's what you think. I am slowing down......and stopping. W: bugger. It was nice while it lasted....

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #146 on: March 05, 2012, 10:57:53 AM »

It's always, always my thinking that screws things up.

Amen to that....  Grin

I have experienced the same many times.   Tongue

DSV

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #147 on: March 05, 2012, 12:15:36 PM »

It's always, always my thinking that screws things up.

Amen to that....  Grin

I have experienced the same many times.   Tongue

DSV
hehe - like today - but unlike the usual case where I think too much, in this case I was so tired I didn't have sufficient thinking to be alert! ...

samina
Silver

« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2012, 02:43:52 PM »

And when my mind closes -- when I think <gasp, horrors, oh noooooo> -- that's when it all goes wrong. It's always, always my thinking that screws things up.

hah, amen to that.

synchronistic point on the heels of my favorite moments in a flick i watched last night, tom cruise's "the last samurai": his personal turning point in the story and in his life came when he developed the wherewithal to steer his mind toward "no mind" when in the face of greatest challenge.

bingo. Smiley
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2012, 04:03:05 PM »

hah, amen to that.

synchronistic point on the heels of my favorite moments in a flick i watched last night, tom cruise's "the last samurai": his personal turning point in the story and in his life came when he developed the wherewithal to steer his mind toward "no mind" when in the face of greatest challenge.

bingo. Smiley

...may the force be with you... Tongue

I think its really a case of developing faith in yourself.  Faith that all your learning has made your body/subconscious actually better able to deal with the demands of dancing (or fighting, or soccer, or ...) than your conscious one is...

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: