partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 06:04:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116183 Posts in 1853 Topics by 220 Members
Latest Member: elam63
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Other dance stuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Practise clothes - what do you wear?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Practise clothes - what do you wear?  (Read 3122 times)
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2009, 06:48:19 AM »

no I suppose not but in new vogue it is Shocked. With standard you have your arms bent so it does not show, but with your arms extended in NV well I am not happy with them Roll Eyes

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2009, 10:14:43 AM »

no I suppose not but in new vogue it is Shocked. With standard you have your arms bent so it does not show, but with your arms extended in NV well I am not happy with them Roll Eyes

Same in american style smooth.
ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2009, 10:21:48 AM »

Btw, I bought a long practice skirt last month and I finally got around to wear it for a lesson (I find it hard to convince myself to wear skirts in winter). It definitely felt different compared to yoga pants I normally wear.
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2009, 01:46:27 PM »

Yoga pants here, usually along with a ballet leotard now that I had to buy a couple for my last showcase routine--it's great, they don't ride up on you and expose your belly!

They are rather clingy though. I generally prefer not to wear clingy tops while dancing, because they do ride up, and they also show if I relax my stomach muscles  Embarrassed

Well, I'm of the body type that if I wear something that's not at least slightly clingy in certain places, I look like a schlump and like I've got no shape at all.  And since tops with an empire waist so rarely fit me well, those don't look good mid-dance either.  Leotards are the best compromise for me.  They don't ride up, and I'm not half as traumatized by the "mid-bulge" as elise put it, if it's still covered with fabric!
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2009, 05:29:24 PM »

i norally wear a lon skirt or a pair of pants with a piece of nettin over the top so it looks like a skirt.  sorry keyboard playin p not all the keys are worki  Grin   i don't dance well in shorts or noral pants.   i have sewed abot 6 skirts which i rotate.  i wear a tshirt bt ake certain it doesn't have a collar or sleeves - i have a tendancy to hnch the sholders.  - nnnsie  Grin Grin Grin

So funny Mummsie as my keyboard was playing up the other week and the n key wasn't working. It was really hard trying to say what I wanted to say without any n letters.
I think the most common cause is a 'bit' under the key itself.  Sometimes you can blow it out - but then you loose another key Roll Eyes

no its a flat mac keyboard and you can't take the keys off.  - Gary said the circuit had died - he's a techno dude.  Grin mm
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2009, 05:52:26 PM »

i norally wear a lon skirt or a pair of pants with a piece of nettin over the top so it looks like a skirt.  sorry keyboard playin p not all the keys are worki  Grin   i don't dance well in shorts or noral pants.   i have sewed abot 6 skirts which i rotate.  i wear a tshirt bt ake certain it doesn't have a collar or sleeves - i have a tendancy to hnch the sholders.  - nnnsie  Grin Grin Grin

So funny Mummsie as my keyboard was playing up the other week and the n key wasn't working. It was really hard trying to say what I wanted to say without any n letters.
I think the most common cause is a 'bit' under the key itself.  Sometimes you can blow it out - but then you loose another key Roll Eyes

no its a flat mac keyboard and you can't take the keys off.  - Gary said the circuit had died - he's a techno dude.  Grin mm
Well, never argue with a techno dude, thats what I say.

And for those of us with non-flat keyboards had better eat chocolate chip cookies in the kitchen.... Cheesy

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2009, 08:27:40 PM »

Same in american style smooth.
]
yes the dances are not too far removed from each other, we just have set patterns that everyone must dance, where you have freestyle routines.

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2009, 08:37:21 PM »

Might be a way of introducing NV to north america - as a corollary of smooth...

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2009, 08:47:49 PM »

could do, I believe there are groups in Canada that are exposed to NV and I know when us Aussies go to the US or places where they don't do it, there is a keen interest to have them show  the locals how it is done.

Dance Forum
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2010, 11:24:43 PM »

started back at training  last night and wore my pants...I just feel comfortable to wear my pants and top....

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2010, 05:58:59 AM »

Our studio is often freezing cold in the morning so I wear my outdoor tops (with long practise skirt).  Its become a joke between us - as we start to dance DP usually says "why don't you stay a while" and I then gradually shed layers as I warm up. 

dlgodud
Open Bronze

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2010, 08:50:23 PM »

Leggings and some dresses that go well with them and don't show my bottom. lol Grin
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2010, 09:25:15 PM »

very hard to hide the bottom  Roll Eyes

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2010, 05:58:32 AM »

..unless you sit on it...

Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2010, 06:45:00 AM »

Which defeats the purpose of practise clothes.

I wear clothes that show my legs/figure, because I'm a teenager, and because it helps me see what I'm doing wrong, because I can actually see what's happening.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: