partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 07:56:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116447 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Other dance stuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Practise clothes - what do you wear?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Practise clothes - what do you wear?  (Read 3565 times)
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2009, 07:44:01 PM »

so good that you think outside the square!

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 03:49:57 AM »

well you will be happy to know I now have a working keyboard.  I drove up to work and borrowed one  Grin We have moved over to a mac at home so no spares laying around.!!  Lucky we also have a lot of macs at work so I borrowed one until we can get a replacement Smiley  mm
Someone is going to be a bit peeved when they come in to work in the new year Tongue

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 01:19:39 PM »

I always wear practice clothes... my coaches/ teachers always say that this is a good thing because the practice clothes help them to see better where/ how my body is moving... That is what they are designed to do after all.... My favorite Practice clothes designers are Espen Salberg Designs and Dance America. You can buy their stuff on danceshopper ....I have always been satisfied with it.. Cheesy I just got new practice wear for Christmas from my Mother! I'm so excited!

There is ALWAYS a reason to dance! Smiley
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 02:22:33 PM »

My coaches have never complained about a skirt and I don't think I ever get away with 'leg errors' either.  After all, if a leg action does not result in a detectable wrong body action (seen or felt) why is it wrong?  The proof really is in the pudding Smiley

When I think of it I agree with ee.  I don't think my coaches would care what I wore, as in pants or skirt either.  If I even turn my foot in the wrong direction they feel it so they don't need to see my legs.  Actually my partner and I can even tell when the other one has the foot turned the wrong way and a wrong leg action is even more obvious.  I don't need to see him nor he I.   I would say it's more in latin that they want to see my legs so the skirt would have to be short if I chose that over the pants.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 05:52:28 PM »

well you will be happy to know I now have a working keyboard.  I drove up to work and borrowed one  Grin We have moved over to a mac at home so no spares laying around.!!  Lucky we also have a lot of macs at work so I borrowed one until we can get a replacement Smiley  mm
Someone is going to be a bit peeved when they come in to work in the new year Tongue

nah its attached to our mini mac that we use for unbricking iphones.  Its not used for doing real work Smiley - mummsie
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2009, 11:23:37 PM »

I tend to use the same skirt every day but I like to change the top - since I get warm easily and I have minimal time for changes I've accumulated a few cotton tops that are light and practical for dancing and that can also be worn by themselves or under layers (like now) at work...  I just wish I had bought more of my favorite - a black pima cotton with a low cut front and short sleves gathered at the shoulder.  Its perfect but i doubt I will ever see another...

maccer
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2009, 12:06:07 AM »

i norally wear a lon skirt or a pair of pants with a piece of nettin over the top so it looks like a skirt.  sorry keyboard playin p not all the keys are worki  Grin   i don't dance well in shorts or noral pants.   i have sewed abot 6 skirts which i rotate.  i wear a tshirt bt ake certain it doesn't have a collar or sleeves - i have a tendancy to hnch the sholders.  - nnnsie  Grin Grin Grin

So funny Mummsie as my keyboard was playing up the other week and the n key wasn't working. It was really hard trying to say what I wanted to say without any n letters.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2009, 12:41:58 AM »

Depends if I get to come home before a lesson or practice I always change and don't bring other clothes. but if I go direct from work I always bring practice clothes and don't dance in my work clothes. Sometimes the skirts or tops are restricting and don't feel comfortable for dancing.  But I am sure coaches can always look past the clothing and see what they need to see is about being comfortable to do your best.

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2009, 07:47:11 AM »

i norally wear a lon skirt or a pair of pants with a piece of nettin over the top so it looks like a skirt.  sorry keyboard playin p not all the keys are worki  Grin   i don't dance well in shorts or noral pants.   i have sewed abot 6 skirts which i rotate.  i wear a tshirt bt ake certain it doesn't have a collar or sleeves - i have a tendancy to hnch the sholders.  - nnnsie  Grin Grin Grin

So funny Mummsie as my keyboard was playing up the other week and the n key wasn't working. It was really hard trying to say what I wanted to say without any n letters.
I think the most common cause is a 'bit' under the key itself.  Sometimes you can blow it out - but then you loose another key Roll Eyes

MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2009, 12:44:48 AM »

Yoga pants here, usually along with a ballet leotard now that I had to buy a couple for my last showcase routine--it's great, they don't ride up on you and expose your belly!
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2009, 02:53:33 AM »

Yoga pants here, usually along with a ballet leotard now that I had to buy a couple for my last showcase routine--it's great, they don't ride up on you and expose your belly!

They are rather clingy though. I generally prefer not to wear clingy tops while dancing, because they do ride up, and they also show if I relax my stomach muscles  Embarrassed
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2009, 03:42:26 AM »

that is the idea. wear things that will show the faults so you can be reminded what you should be holding in or hold correctly. Tongue

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2009, 05:07:25 AM »

They are rather clingy though. I generally prefer not to wear clingy tops while dancing, because they do ride up, and they also show if I relax my stomach muscles  Embarrassed

A leotard would not, of course, ride up but I know what you mean about the clingy tops!  OTOH as Q said, its good for you to catch yourself in the mirror with the mid-bulge - nothing gets you straightening up faster!

I have the same issue - as long as I hold myself straight I have a nice figure but once I relax I look AWFUL.  I must get back to stomach crunches....

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2009, 06:13:33 AM »

only stomach crunches  Shocked, I  have to do the arms as well, nothing worse than the tuck shop arms moving in the breeze  Shocked

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2009, 06:45:41 AM »

My arms are actually pretty good - ironic that in standard thats not important at all... except for the curtsy that is

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: