partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 07:42:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116513 Posts in 1857 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Just to chat... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  Random Quips and Quotes
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Random Quips and Quotes  (Read 2514 times)
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2010, 07:14:16 AM »

did she like it Roll Eyes

seemed to have passed unnoticed; what women want and what  think they want Roll Eyes
and even more what men think that woman want and what they think they want Undecided

men want women to want what they say they want;
Women want men to sense what they really want

We do, but you keep thinking you want something else Roll Eyes

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2010, 08:12:09 AM »

ok BOT..... Roll Eyes before we up the anty out into space    Shocked

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2010, 08:28:17 AM »

seemed to have passed unnoticed; what women want and what  think they want Roll Eyes
and even more what men think that woman want and what they think they want Undecided

I don't think thats right. 
Men are admiittedly simple.  The want things.  Its easy and simplel to identify the thing that they want. 'I want an atom smasher'  because the thing will enable them to do something.

Women want an emotional connection.  To stipulate the thing they want defeats the object since the emotional connectio requires thought by the man. 

In essence the woman wants the man to think about her and what she needs.  The man wants to save time and just give what the woman wants - but that defeats the object.

And that, to put it simply, is the reason Men went to Mars (to hang out with other men) while excitling women to Venus.  Its also why male-male and woman-woman friendships are actually closer (on the want level) than men-woman ones.

Now bring in sex.  The elephant in the room.  One thing men want more than anyting is sex so they try to approach women with  the 'what thing do you want' aproach and women are frustrated and even offended.  And that is the essence of the male-female sexual divide.

The only real mystery is where babies actually come from.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2010, 08:30:21 AM »

What?!  You mean the bee doesn't sting the man and woman and the stork doesn't deliver the baby?!  Grin
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2010, 08:45:20 AM »

What?!  You mean the bee doesn't sting the man and woman and the stork doesn't deliver the baby?!  Grin
Oh, I have no doubt that the man is driven by a sting... (bee, nettle, whatever) but its usually the midwife or doc that delivers the baby I hear...
Storks deliver goldfish from your neighbours garden

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2010, 09:04:12 AM »

I don't think thats right. 
Men are admiittedly simple.  The want things.  Its easy and simplel to identify the thing that they want. 'I want an atom smasher'  because the thing will enable them to do something.

Women want an emotional connection.  To stipulate the thing they want defeats the object since the emotional connectio requires thought by the man. 

In essence the woman wants the man to think about her and what she needs.  The man wants to save time and just give what the woman wants - but that defeats the object.

And that, to put it simply, is the reason Men went to Mars (to hang out with other men) while excitling women to Venus.  Its also why male-male and woman-woman friendships are actually closer (on the want level) than men-woman ones.

Now bring in sex.  The elephant in the room.  One thing men want more than anyting is sex so they try to approach women with  the 'what thing do you want' aproach and women are frustrated and even offended.  And that is the essence of the male-female sexual divide.

I think Shakespeare got one thing wrong:

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scornful"

and this man wants the emotional connection that comes through sex! Tongue

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2010, 12:37:10 PM »

or even more apropo:

"But to the waist doth man inherit,
The rest is all the devil"

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2010, 06:18:08 AM »

Depends if you're heading up or down...

anyhows my ....... and my heart are intimately connected

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2010, 06:31:26 AM »

Depends if you're heading up or down...

I don't think there is any doubt which direction Shakespeare was heading...

Burgess Penguin
Bronze

Quack Quack Quack Quack

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2010, 10:21:37 AM »

Chicken soup is nature's Thera-Flu

Dancing - The BEST exercise in the world and A LOT prettier than going to the gym, and CHEAPER than a therapist!

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: