partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 02, 2014, 12:34:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116409 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | |-+  Remembrance of things Past.. ( Al la recherche de temps perdu)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Remembrance of things Past.. ( Al la recherche de temps perdu)  (Read 2757 times)
samina
Silver

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 03:38:25 PM »

Here is one of me age 11 going on twelve...with my pet dog Dolly.... Shocked 1969 I think
still looks like you, too. Smiley
samina
Silver

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 03:39:38 PM »

remembering what it was to be a first-place sprinter... god, what a great feeling, to run that fast. now... in my dreams, only. Wink
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 05:30:10 PM »

remembering what it was to be a first-place sprinter... god, what a great feeling, to run that fast. now... in my dreams, only. Wink

It is good that you can still have that feeling....it is only the outside that changes I dont think the inside changes all that much.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 09:51:09 PM »

Last week, I drove past the house where we lived when I was a young child.  The neighborhood's a bit sketchy now, but it's hanging in there.  There's a big birch tree in the front yard.  I remember when my dad planted that tree; it was around 1965.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 09:53:56 PM »

Never would have imagined it Sam, but once you say it, it fits.

OTOH you are still a first place sprinter, look at you go  Wink

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2010, 09:56:00 PM »

Last week, I drove past the house where we lived when I was a young child.  The neighborhood's a bit sketchy now, but it's hanging in there.  There's a big birch tree in the front yard.  I remember when my dad planted that tree; it was around 1965.

Isn't that the oddest thing.  You get the sense of bellonging and alienation at the same time.  Years ago when I went back to my childhood home in England that was what struck me too - the tree my father planted.

Perhaps everyone of us should plant a tree...

SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2010, 10:50:52 AM »

after braces and 2nd year high school 1972

WOW!!! 
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2010, 10:51:38 AM »

I remember my grandparents.  Undecided
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2010, 11:56:09 AM »

I remember when we had over 60 pets in and round our (suburban) house...

samina
Silver

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2010, 04:11:46 PM »

It is good that you can still have that feeling....it is only the outside that changes I dont think the inside changes all that much.
i so agree, QPO. and IME... if one really desire it... there's much that can be reclaimed in life, if it's still there within desiring expression.

not in my case with that particular memory. but it's a fond memory all the same. Smiley
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2010, 05:19:33 PM »

I remebember the strange experience of having a fever during chicken pox or german measles whilst my parents were on holiday abroad. My grandmother was looking after me, and I recall that strange experience of seeing everything as if through the wrong end of a telescope, and sometimes now it seems to me i long for that distance between me and the world.

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2010, 05:55:57 PM »

seems to me you need to hang out in a zen retreat for a while...
I wonder if they let you bring your nearest and dearest....

cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2010, 11:52:26 PM »

My mom was 8 months pregnant (and having difficulties) when I came down with mumps.  My mom couldn't recall for sure that she had ever had mumps, and her and my dad didn't have time to care for me at that point anyway, so I had to get sent off to my grandmother's house for several weeks.  Then, when I came back, I had a baby brother. 

My mom has a brother who is 11 years younger than her.  I recall when he was in college.  He used to spend the summers with us, working an internship for a local company and sleeping on the couch in our den.  Our house didn't have central air conditioning; we had two window units.  Back then, these ran off of 220V power (there had to be a circuit put in at the window where they were to go) and they were very heavy.  One of my uncle's jobs, when his spring term ended, was to come up and help my dad put the air conditioners in the window.  Then he'd come back sometime during fall term and help take them back out. 
albanaich
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2010, 11:32:51 AM »

I remeber the day we got a 'hang-fire' on the demolitions course and I was selected to go back and dismantle the damn thing
drj
Bronze

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2010, 01:47:42 PM »

I remeber the day we got a 'hang-fire' on the demolitions course and I was selected to go back and dismantle the damn thing

I BET you remember that! And aren't you glad you do!

ancora imparo
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: