partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 10:08:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116526 Posts in 1858 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Regions
| | | |-+  Aussieland (Moderators: QPO, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | | | |-+  Tips for The Aussies
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Tips for The Aussies  (Read 1875 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2009, 08:29:14 AM »

Hang on to the fact that they have allocated time at all for it.  The amazing thing is that the networks put on ballroom dancing at times of peak interest - such as christmas or during major fundraising events (here) but refust to put it on at other times.  This makes no sense at all since they admit the public love to see it while arguing that its not something people want to see... go figure.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2009, 05:43:10 PM »

I agree to some extent QPO but considering they had to squeeze 12 hours of dancing into 1.5 hours there is always going to be an inbalance.  I do agree they should have had more NV but in one show very hard.  One of my long time penfriends in the USA recorded last year's OSB and sent them to me - it went over 5 weeks.  They did one show each of standard, smooth, latin and rythem and then they had the dance off - the winners from each style dancing against each other.  The only way to get a good showing off all styles here would be to do a similar sort of thing and have it over 3 nights.
The one really good thing is that our good friends Peter and Rebecca (aka Beardsley) were featured as they made the semi final of the adult standard. -  Cheesy mummsie
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2009, 08:00:27 PM »

Yes. I know it was difficult to select, I suppose it could have been finals only. I think the 2007 that I have on DVD was quite balanced with NV, Modern and Latin. I feel they are trying to pitch it to different people now, perhaps the International market?

They would have enough over the three days including masters and young ones to make several one hour programs as they only use 40 minutes in one hour the rest is commercial time, what a wonderful way to profile the sport.

The minister made a comment about the drop out rate of girls in sport in the 12-15 bracket but we also need boys. but as least he promoted it as a sport.

I was not as disappointed as I was last year.. but why they don't show NV is surprising considering the numbers in this country that do that style.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
ZPomeroy
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2009, 08:12:43 PM »

I found what they televised to be quite pleasant, there was a little less NV but still it was a big improvement over last years

Zac

Dance is poetry written for the feet, read by the heart, and destined for the soul.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2009, 09:26:51 PM »

well I am sure if they had filmed the whole three days they could have made a series of DVD's that people would have bought. ie. standard, Latin and New Vouge with all groups from Junior to Masters

Plenty of people would have bought them. especially all the people that competed in them Cool

Dance Forum
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2009, 11:56:16 PM »

I found what they televised to be quite pleasant, there was a little less NV but still it was a big improvement over last years

Zac

It was definitely an improvement over last years. 5 or so lots of Paso Doble with the same piece of music is enough to drive anyone mad.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 12:59:38 AM »

Interestingly in 2011 they will host the Asia/Pacific Games. I wonder if they will do NV as I know both Hong Kong, Singapore ans well as New Zealand do it, might see a bit more on TV then

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2009, 03:36:13 AM »

Interestingly in 2011 they will host the Asia/Pacific Games. I wonder if they will do NV as I know both Hong Kong, Singapore ans well as New Zealand do it, might see a bit more on TV then
There's ballroom in the Games?  Can you put an event post on this?  Sounds like something that would be of general interest ...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2009, 05:57:35 PM »

I thought it was only the Asia Pacific Dancesport championships.  I haven't got my program - my son still has it. They won't televise any more new vogue next year - it will be like last year when they did all the World latin stuff that went for 3 days so that people who wanted to dance in the Australians had to take the whole week off work.  That's why we didn't dance last year - it would have meant too much time off.  Thats pretty much all they televised. mm
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2009, 06:06:15 PM »

I thought it was only the Asia Pacific Dancesport championships.  I haven't got my program - my son still has it. They won't televise any more new vogue next year - it will be like last year when they did all the World latin stuff that went for 3 days so that people who wanted to dance in the Australians had to take the whole week off work.  That's why we didn't dance last year - it would have meant too much time off.  Thats pretty much all they televised. mm

you could be right I could not remember the actual terminology of the event. Well we most probably wont do that either, cant take a week off work. at least that is 2011

Dance Forum
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: