partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 05:24:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Should one post one's comp vid on youTube or FB...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Should one post one's comp vid on youTube or FB...  (Read 2768 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 03:44:21 AM »

so, are you going to upload it? Roll Eyes

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 09:49:27 PM »

well it does not show that much of us...but will see I do have a youtube account, it is currently on a machine that is not working properly we are waiting to get it repaired and hope they are not going to wipe the DVD recorder clean. The laster is not working so we cant watch DVD's but still record. We stored the movies on the unit to free up disk space... and of course I dont know enough about the machines in the first place. Roll Eyes  Perhaps I should

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 10:01:42 PM »

I've been doing it for several years mainly because I have long-distance family and this is a way to share it with them. But I was always aware that anyone can watch it and at some point our local studio even posted the youtube links on their site. But I remove videos made more than 2 years ago or so.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2010, 10:03:59 PM »

I've been doing it for several years mainly because I have long-distance family and this is a way to share it with them. But I was always aware that anyone can watch it and at some point our local studio even posted the youtube links on their site. But I remove videos made more than 2 years ago or so.
I will probably do the same - remove the old ones when they start to look stale.  At present they don't look that different from the new ones Undecided

dancingirldancing
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2010, 12:21:09 AM »

I would LOVE to watch so I vote for YES !!!

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2010, 12:52:44 AM »

Yes I would remove old ones as well as you have involved and the changes that appear are only beneifical to yourself and not others. This year we may but I can only do so if the other half of the partnership agrees

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2010, 10:31:55 AM »

I will probably do the same - remove the old ones when they start to look stale.  At present they don't look that different from the new ones Undecided
What's interesting, I still have my old competition photos on my fotki site. So even though you can't see it in action, they probably give a good idea of how it looked, especially for someone who dances too.
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2013, 07:29:47 AM »

There are no copyright issues with posting other people's dancing-- meaning, the other competitors who are on the floor at the same time as you?

I know  quite a few people who post their showcases. I'm more comfortable with that.  That way, I'm not posting video of other people without their knowledge or consent.

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2013, 11:55:08 AM »

There are no copyright issues with posting other people's dancing-- meaning, the other competitors who are on the floor at the same time as you?

I know  quite a few people who post their showcases. I'm more comfortable with that.  That way, I'm not posting video of other people without their knowledge or consent.
I think everyone signs a release with their entry forms so there is no issue - unless the comp itself put a blackout on - but that would kill their photographers...

I have several vids on youtube and have never heard a complaint (or for anyone else for that matter). 

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2013, 12:12:24 PM »

Hmm.  I didn't know that those release forms also gave permission for fellow-competitors to repost videos on youtube.  I learn something every day.

Of course, even if videos are posted without permission, youtube only brings them down if someone formally complains.

Dona nobis pacem.
ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2013, 02:10:56 PM »

Hmm.  I didn't know that those release forms also gave permission for fellow-competitors to repost videos on youtube.  I learn something every day.

Of course, even if videos are posted without permission, youtube only brings them down if someone formally complains.

Some competitions even have live streaming and then the video vendor might save the stream archive. So everyone is on there whether they like it or not.
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2013, 02:57:05 PM »

I'm sure you're right and it's covered legally.  I've just never seen the fine print.  I'm sure it's there. Smiley

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2013, 04:28:45 PM »

Thats a good point - but I think its written generally - releasing all from suit.
OTOH, maybe I should check Embarrassed

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2013, 05:40:04 PM »

The two of you are right. It's probably a non-issue.

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2013, 06:48:17 PM »

but maybe we could MAKE it an issue Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: