partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 02:41:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116399 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  Ballroom dance -advanced (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Quickstep - advanced
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Quickstep - advanced  (Read 5477 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2010, 08:16:15 PM »

not yet - if you want to contact him directly CM I can ask him if I can pass on his email address.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
ZPomeroy
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2010, 12:09:53 AM »

It seems the Quickstep - advanced thread once again got off topic Roll Eyes Sad

Zac

Dance is poetry written for the feet, read by the heart, and destined for the soul.
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2010, 12:36:07 AM »

watched a very good blackpool congress DVD, with Johnathon Wilkins and Hazel New berry..... the thing that I pick-up was that in scatter chasses that you must move the trailing foot to the space of the active foot, stops it from looking to hoppy

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2010, 03:59:40 AM »

watched a very good blackpool congress DVD, with Johnathon Wilkins and Hazel New berry..... the thing that I pick-up was that in scatter chasses that you must move the trailing foot to the space of the active foot, stops it from looking to hoppy
scatter chasses are starting to become a specialty of mine Smiley  pro loves them and DP has taken to them (after a bit of a love-hate period) so now I scatter accross the floor easier than walkng.  Hmmm, thats a thought.  Key for me was to keep your centre in the middle betwen your feet all the time - and to maintain that high contact (and strong upper body).

ZPomeroy
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2010, 04:38:42 AM »

Another thing to watch with scatter chasses is you upper body, make sure you 'pull' out from the hips extending the back to keep it light and still...

Zac

Dance is poetry written for the feet, read by the heart, and destined for the soul.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2010, 04:41:47 AM »

Another thing to watch with scatter chasses is you upper body, make sure you 'pull' out from the hips extending the back to keep it light and still...

Zac
thats better put than my 'strong upper body' comment Wink  I like that pull out thought. 

ZPomeroy
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2010, 04:47:44 AM »

I posted more about it in the 'essential abilities - the man" thread

Zac

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2010, 08:36:35 AM »

we loose contact on certain steps going across the floor..too tired to be technical. it is after midnight here and three hours of dancing.

Dance Forum
TangoDancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2010, 09:21:35 PM »

scatter chasses are starting to become a specialty of mine Smiley   Key for me was to keep your centre in the middle betwen your feet all the time - and to maintain that high contact (and strong upper body).

OMG!!! Just finished posting this exact thing in another thread. Well done, ED!!

The most beautiful part of the dance is often found in between the steps... and in the movement within the stillness.
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2010, 10:33:16 PM »

yes I have got better at keeping them smaller (between the feet), I feel I have more time now

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2010, 02:34:02 AM »

scatter chasses are starting to become a specialty of mine Smiley   Key for me was to keep your centre in the middle betwen your feet all the time - and to maintain that high contact (and strong upper body).

OMG!!! Just finished posting this exact thing in another thread. Well done, ED!!
Roll Eyes Smiley

Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2010, 01:30:05 PM »

Okay, this is going to be a little different: I've found that the key to staying together is not to think of the movement sideways, instead, to relax the upper body and direct your energy forwards towards your partner.  That way the energy stays directed towards the partner at all times.  Too often, it looks like the step is called "scatter chasse" because the partnership falls apart as the energy of the partnership scatters in various directions.  I find that the movement sideways comes from collecting with your partner on the down action, directing energy towards the partnership, and launching the partnership in the direction you want to go during the up action (maintaining energy towards the partnership).    

Instead of thinking of it as "scatter" chasses, I like to think of it as "collecting" chasses.  Collecting the partnership and collecting the feet.   Grin

I agree with staying between the feet.  
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 01:35:36 PM by Some guy » Logged
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2010, 01:34:14 PM »

I agree that you send your energy forward towards your partner and then travel on the vector line of the energy junction.

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2010, 02:07:01 PM »

I agree that you send your energy forward towards your partner and then travel on the vector line of the energy junction.

this connects better with me than SG's description.  I feel as if we are almost one unit from waist up and move rather like the two sides of a crab!  But essential for me is a relatively strong frame, relaxed is not the word I would use although neither contracted, more firm, firmer than waltz or FT...

Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2010, 02:21:44 PM »

this connects better with me than SG's description.  I feel as if we are almost one unit from waist up and move rather like the two sides of a crab!  But essential for me is a relatively strong frame, relaxed is not the word I would use although neither contracted, more firm, firmer than waltz or FT...
I already knew the way I looked at scatter chasses was very different, especially where the upper body was concerned.  DSV put it better than I did regarding how to have energy towards the partner and travel in a different direction. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: